Monday, May 4, 2009

Tonight on the Island

Bruce Springsteen's shows have once again evolved into fan request extravaganzas -- except now it's turning into a case of "stump the band." In addition to the dozens of fan signs requesting their favorite Springsteen classics and deep cuts, some enterprising fans are now requesting other bands songs as well. At recent shows the E Street Band has launched into such cover fan requests as the Dovells' "You Can't Sit Down," Question Mark and the Mysterians' "96 Tears," the Troggs' "Wild Thing," the Clash's "London Calling," the Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated," ZZ Top's "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide," and Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Proud Mary."

Among the recent fan requests from within the Springsteen catalogue are: "I'm On Fire," "I'm A Rocker," "Sherry Darling," "The Fever" "I'm Goin' Down," "The E Street Shuffle," and "Fire."

Bruce Springsteen and the boys perform tonight in Uniondale, at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

No comments: