Thursday, August 7, 2008

Daaa Byrds!

David Crosby says that Roger McGuinn is still the lone holdout for a Byrds reunion.

Crosby says that, despite his efforts to team up with surviving cofounders Chris Hillman and McGuinn, McGuinn has done nothing but rebuff him, telling Rolling Stone, "The Byrds is such a thing for me. I'm very proud of it. I really think that band broke some ground. But it's a very sore subject with me because I would like to do it some more and Roger doesn't like me."

Crosby, whose relationship with McGuinn was always strained, even when the band was together, added, "It's a real problem for me because Chris and I could still do really good music and we should. We could go out and do a tour and we don't have to be the best of buddies, we have to make great music, so it's very frustrating to me."

The three surviving members of the Byrds -- Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman and David Crosby -- have reunited several times for performances since 1991. The last time all three shared a stage was in 2000.

No comments: